HOW TO APPLY FOR JAPAN VISA
Unlike what most of Filipinos think, applying for Japan visa is simple and easy! Here’s how we did it. We submitted our requirements to Friendship Travel Agency. They’re the only agency here in Cebu City who is authorized by the Japan Embassy. All travel agencies that offers Japan Visa application here in Cebu still forwards your documents to Friendship Agency. I had a friend who submitted her requirements through other agency for the amount of Php5,000.00. While if you go directly to Friendship, you will only pay the amount of Php1,200.00.
Here are the requirements you need if you apply for a Japan Tourist Visa without any guarantor/sponsor:
- Your passport of course. Make sure that it’s valid at least 6 months before its expiration.
- Japan Visa Application Form (duly accomplished)
- 4.5cm x 4.5cm photot (with white background)
- NSO Birth Certificate
- COE (Certificate of Employment)
- Latest ITR
- Bank Statement
- Japan Itinerary (includes your day to day activity and contact details of your accommodation)
Visa processing takes 1 to 2 weeks. We got our Visa five days after submission.
I can only speak for my experience. Ours may be different from others. But if you wanna make sure all about Japan Visa Application, you may visit or call Friendship office at:
Friendship Tours and Resorts Corporation
88, Unit 101 Oakridge Business Park, A.S. Fortuna Street, Banilad, Mandaue City
( 032 ) 345-3459 / 344-4825 / 581-5906
Other details/info you might need:
1. When can I possibly apply for Japan Visa?
60 – 30 days before your target travel dates.
2. Do you need to have a plane ticket and hotel accommodation already upon submission?
This is not a requirement. It’s just that in our case, we were able to book a really cheap flights so we included it in our requirements. The staff just took note of it and didn’t get our plane tickets and Airbnb confirmation.
3. How long can I stay in Japan with a single entry visa?
15 days for a single entry Japan tourist visa
4. How much money should I have in my bank account?
Others told me that must have at least a minimum of 50,000.00 in your bank account. Mine was more than that. So I guess it’s safe to say at least fifty thousand pesos.
Good luck on your Japan Visa Application! ^_^